Sambhūti: The Secret of Conscious Maternity and Parenting in Spiritual Light
When: TBD | Duration: 3 days
Description: Thousands and thousands of children are born each day around the world. But what is a matter of concern is that to a great extent, may be above ninety percent, of conceptions are not willed but accidental. The parents are not conscious when the child was conceived. In all these cases it is the mere conjugal enjoyment which results in conceiving a child. But the ancient Indian seers and sages held the view that the birth of a child should be the result of prayers and aspiration. The spiritual seed that develops into the form of a child belongs to the divine. What a man and woman can do is that they can pray, invoke or call the great soul to preside over the formation of the child, and eventually to ensoul the body. This vision of creating a conscious population has been consistently held by our ancient seers and sages.
As per this vision, the children of the future will be far more developed than the present humanity. But for this to happen a great preparation is needed. The men and women aspiring for children must undergo a change.
What is that change and how is it to happen – this is indeed a vast topic. But based on the materials available in some of the ancient Indian scriptures and the writings of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother, SAFIC has designed a three-day workshop for those who would like to be a part of this spiritual movement of creating a conscious population (supraja-janana).
In this 3-day- long workshop the participants have an opportunity to understand and bring about a conscious change in the major aspects of human birthing (reproduction): conception and development of a child, role of maternity and parenting in spiritual light. They are introduced to a deeper and spiritual view of the concept of marriage, as well as man and woman relationship. Topics related to the ancient and modern insights on prenatal education, willed conception, physical and psychological aspects of prenatal care and pregnancy, and postnatal care and parenting are also covered.
The specific learning objectives of this workshop are:
- Understanding the spiritual aim of marriage and human relationship.
- Being clear about the aim of giving birth to a child.
- Learning what to do and what not to do during pregnancy.
- Understanding the physical aspects of prenatal care: exercise, diet, physical health of the mother-to-be, her physical surrounding etc.
- Learning about the psychological aspects of the prenatal care: the emotional health of the parents, bonding with the child, the emotional and aesthetic environment of the mother-to-be etc.
- Knowing about the garbhasanskar, the ancient insights into the concept of prenatal education.
- Understanding the deeper spiritual dimension of how a child comes into the world.
- Learning stories, arts and crafts, music, rhythmic body movements, chanting of Mantras etc. which are not just helpful during pregnancy, but are immensely powerful in shaping the yet-to-born child according to the highest ideal conceivable.
Apart from this the participants have the opportunity to interact with the mothers who have given birth to their children by following certain aspects of prenatal sanskar, and learn from their experiences. The workshop includes group discussions, question-answer and sharing sessions. The participants also have an opportunity for personal counseling and therapy with the available experts.
Eligibility: This course is open to all.
Read the feedback from the previous course.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR CONTACT INFO IF YOU WISH TO BE NOTIFIED OF THE UPCOMING COURSE.