International Conference on “Spiritual Perspectives on Creating a Conscious Humanity”
October 18-20, 2019
Sri Aurobindo Foundation for Indian Culture (SAFIC),
Sri Aurobindo Society, Pondicherry
Birthing the New Humanity®
Dates: October 18-20, 2019, Venue: Sri Aurobindo Society, Pondicherry
CONCEPT AND RATIONALE
It is commonly accepted now that humanity is going through an evolutionary crisis. There is a continuous striving to discover or re-discover approaches, practices and methods to bring about an upliftment of consciousness in the human individual and collective. In this regard, let us remember that a conscious change in the human birthing can be an important and undeniable way to enable the creation of a conscious humanity.
Conscious conception and conscious pregnancy have the potential to transform the essence of the human population in a matter of few generations. For this to happen, we need to have a deeper understanding of the entire process of conscious creation of a being – from pre-conception to pregnancy, from prenatal education to childbirth, and from postnatal care to conscious parenting.
These topics have been dealt with in great detail in Indian tradition; several of our ancient texts and scriptures have deep insights which must be given a wider recognition and dissemination for the purposes of educating the larger community.
The ‘International Conference on Spiritual Perspectives on Creating a Conscious Humanity’ aspires to bring together in one forum a rich diversity of insights, perspectives and approaches from several wisdom and medical traditions that highlight a deeper and spiritual understanding of consciously co-creating and parenting from pre-conception to early childhood development.
Significance of the Theme
“True maternity begins with the conscious creation of a being, with the willed shaping of a soul coming to develop and utilise a new body.”
(The Mother, CWM, 2:157)
The ancient Indian seers and thinkers gave much importance to prenatal education. In modern times, both the Mother (1878-1973) of Sri Aurobindo Ashram and the Bulgarian mystic Master Omraam Mikhael Aivanov (1900-1986) have taught that education begins before birth. This includes not only the education of a child, but also the education of a mother, because a woman is also born as a mother from the moment she consciously prepares herself for conceiving a child.
In addition to understanding the important role of the mother and father prior to conception as well as during pregnancy and childbirth, there is also a need for providing adequate resources and support for the true empowerment of the mother during childbirth.
The journey from conception to childbirth, from becoming a new mother to parenting is often a life-changing and growing experience for a woman, as well as a man. But this can be even more deeply transformative with the help of conscious prenatal, postnatal and parenting related educational process.
Indian tradition has always maintained that pregnancy should be by choice, and not by chance. A strong need for the mental, spiritual and physical preparation of the mother-to-be for the momentous event of childbirth has also been recognized. This wisdom has found its echo in many cultural and spiritual traditions across the world, including modern science.
Modern science now also proves that the period from pregnancy to age 3 is the most critical, when a child’s brain grows faster than at any other time; 80% of a baby’s brain is formed by this age. For healthy brain development in these years, children need a safe, secure and loving environment, with the right nutrition and stimulation from their parents or caregivers. This is a window of opportunity to lay a foundation of health and wellbeing whose benefits last a lifetime – and carry into the next generation. (World Health Organisation, 2018)
Indian tradition is enriched by significant stories that speak of the significance of the right prenatal education in preparing a conscious individual and humanity. From the well-known stories of Ashtavakra and Abhimanyu in the Mahabaharata to stories of many great souls of the present age, we are awed by the beauty and wisdom of how consciously they were brought into the physical world.
Many modern spiritual masters across the world have spoken of the deep significance of conscious creating of a being through willed conception, conscious pregnancy, right prenatal education, conscious childbirth and conscious parenting. Our aim is to highlight these and several other related insights and perspectives through this conference.
The international conference will feature keynote lectures, panel discussions and paper presentations based on the following topics:
- Conscious Creation of a Being
- Willed or Conscious Conception
- Conscious Pregnancy
- Conscious Parenting
- True Maternity from a Spiritual Perspective
- Spiritual Dimension of Pregnancy, Childbirth and Parenting
- Modern Concerns and Challenges: Miscarriage, Abortion, Infertility, Adoption, Single-Parenting, Infanticide, Choosing a Childless Marriage
- True Meaning of Gender Equality
- Love and Human Relationships from a Spiritual Perspective
- Celebrating Motherhood
- Role of Spiritual Practices
- Meditation and Yoga
The conference will include:
- Keynote lectures by experts
- Panel discussions
- Paper presentations
- Group discussions
- Creative activities
- Introspective exercises
- Meditative sessions
- Informal conversations
- Cultural sharing sessions
Dr. Julie Gerland and Dr. François Gerland Co-founders of Birthing the New Humanity® will be conducting a ONE-DAY workshop on Monday, October 21, 2019 at the same conference venue.
Birth the Change® Change the Birth:
“The way we were conceived, our time in the womb, our birth and early years have left deep sub-conscious imprints on our lives. This determines our experience of our environment, or universe, as either hostile or loving. During this experiential workshop you will have the opportunity to heal and transform limitations stemming from these early experiences. You will learn how to use Quantum Communication to step into your power, harmonise difficult or seemingly impossible relationships and live a fulfilled life.
- Become conscious of their own sub-conscious parental programming
- Have the chance to change limiting parental programming
- Connect with powerful inner resources for healing and empowerment
- Understand the role of parenting and its life-long subconscious imprinting on a child
- Have the tools to effectively heal and improve relationships even with people who have passed on or are otherwise unreachable
- Be able to use Quantum Communication to live empowered lives and succeed
Drs. François and Julie Gerland are pioneers in very early parenting. They share their lifelong passion of integrating mind, body and Spirit consciousness, how to transform suffering into Self Realisation and bring about a thriving world for all. In their 33 years together the magic of man woman polarity added a powerful dimension to their discoveries, taking them further into the integration of spirit and matter to understanding the leading-edge art of the creation code.
Since 2006 they represent NGOs at the United Nations advocating for the lifelong effects of the primal period from preconception to age two sharing their life-long experience in the field of very early childhood development from pre-conception.
They are the co-founders of Birthing The New Humanity® and Birth The Change® leading-edge education to inspire and transform health, wellbeing and empowerment. Their programmes contribute directly to the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Interested participants will need to register separately for the workshop. Please go through the ‘POST-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP REGISTRATION’ section for registration details.
AUGUST 15, 2019: Last date for speakers/presenters to submit the title of your paper/presentation and a brief concept note.
SEPTEMBER 15, 2019: Date by which Speakers/presenters will be informed about final acceptance of their papers.
OCTOBER 1, 2019: Last date for all participants to register for INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
OCTOBER 1, 2019: Last date for all participants to register for POST-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP
OCTOBER 18-20, 2019: INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
OCTOBER 21, 2019: POST-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP by BTNH (Birthing the New Humanity®)
Venue for International Conference and Post-Conference Workshop: Sri Aurobindo Society, Pondicherry
We invite interested speakers/presenters to submit proposals for paper presentations as part of the International Conference. The topic should be based on those listed under the ‘CONFERENCE TOPICS‘ section. Please read the instructions below carefully before completing and submitting the proposal form.
Instructions for Speakers/presenters to submit proposals:
Important Note: The following instructions are only for speakers/presenters.
If you are not a Speaker/Presenter and want to register to attend the conference, please go to the ‘Registration’ section to register as a delegate.
1. Last date to submit the title of your paper/presentation and a brief concept note is AUGUST 15, 2019.
3. Once you receive acceptance of your paper, you will need to pay the registration fee for the conference using the following link – https://aurosociety.org/site/signup?var=bm9ybWFsY29udHJpYnV0ZQ#6
2. You will be informed about the acceptance of your paper/presentation by SEPTEMBER 15, 2019.
3. Your registration will not be confirmed until the payment of registration fee.
Last date to pay the registration fee: OCTOBER 1, 2019.
4. Please provide us the transaction number or reference number by editing the proposal form after you pay the registration fee so that we can confirm receipt. (You will be provided with the link to edit your proposal form when you submit the form for the first time with your proposal. Please save this link.)
4. Early Registration will enhance the possibility of accommodation availability at the Conference venue itself. So, REGISTER EARLY!
5. IMPORTANT: Please go through the Conference Announcement carefully before writing to us with individual queries about the conference theme, venue, fees or other such details.
6. All travel arrangements from your place of residence to Pondicherry and local commute to the conference venue, as well as all accommodation bookings will be the responsibility of the participants.
Please click HERE to submit your proposal and register for the International conference as a speaker/presenter.
Speakers/Presenters: Please see the ‘Inviting Speakers/presenters‘ section for details to submit your proposal and register for the International Conference.
Delegates: Please click HERE to register for the International conference as a delegate.
REGISTRATION FEE FOR INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE:
- For ALL Participants (DELEGATES AND SPEAKERS): Rs. 6000 only (International participants may pay the equivalent in USD)
Registration charges for the International Conference will cover the following:
- Conference kit
- Lunch and Snacks (morning & evening) for the 3-day conference at the conference venue
POST-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP REGISTRATION
Please click HERE to register for the WORKSHOP.
REGISTRATION FEE FOR WORKSHOP:
For ALL Participants : Rs. 2400 only (International participants may pay the equivalent in USD)
Registration charges for the workshop will cover Lunch and Snacks (morning & evening).
Note: Participants will be personally responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses for both the events.
ABOUT THE ORGANISERS
SRI AUROBINDO FOUNDATION FOR INDIAN CULTURE (SAFIC)
Sri Aurobindo Foundation for Indian Culture (SAFIC) is dedicated to the exploration of the various aspects of Indian culture including dance, drama, architecture, sculpture, music and the Sanskrit language. SAFIC (safic.in) strives to rediscover the outstanding magnificence of Indian culture and Indian genius in all spheres of human activity. It is engaged in creating and designing learning opportunities and programmes which explore the creative application of ancient wisdom of India in dynamic ways to address the challenges of contemporary life and world in all spheres. It seeks and aspires to evoke among the youth a great love for India, pride in their heritage and an aspiration and will to create an even greater future.
Mother’s Glow: Radiating the Light Within
Mother’s Glow (mothersglow.in) is a special initiative of SAFIC. It focuses on studying and exploring various aspects related to prenatal education and conscious parenting in the light of the integral vision of ancient wisdom of India as well as the vision of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother and other contemporary sources.
This work begins with the premise that a conscious change in the human birthing can enable the creation of a conscious humanity. Conscious conception and conscious pregnancy have the potential to transform the essence of the human population in a matter of few generations. Parents influence the child’s being to a very large extent. Especially mothers, with their own evolved intuition, love and sensitivity, which are the natural outcomes of motherhood, have the strongest effect on a child. In many ways, the parental influence comes into play way before a baby is conceived.
That is where prenatal education must begin. Through its work SAFIC aspires to help parents understand the phenomenon of pregnancy and childbirth from a deeply emotional and spiritual perspective, in addition to the biological and medical aspects. Through its various programmes in the area of prenatal education, it seeks to facilitate a deeper and spiritual understanding of four major aspects of Conscious Creation of a Being:
Human Love & Relationships | Conscious Conception | Pregnancy and Childbirth | Conscious Parenting
BIRTHING THE NEW HUMANITY®
Is an initiative of Association Suryoma, a non-profit organisation registered in France.
The BTNH objectives:
- To raise awareness and advocate for the critical time of human development from before conception to age three and its life-long effects on the individual, the family, society and humanity
- To work towards a conscious and thriving Human Family where the role of conscious holistic parenting, motherhood and early childhood development is at the centre
- To work towards achieving the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- To hold live and online events, workshops, media interviews and campaigns etc. to inform, educate and train youth, individuals, couples, families, professionals and society at large
- To act as an umbrella group inspiring multi-disciplinary partnerships for experts, groups, organizations and campaigns as the “go to place” for the new paradigm of very early childhood development and holistic parenting
- To unite concerned professions, experts and organisations in a membership site, sharing best practices, knowledge, expertise contributing towards the holistic understanding and implementation of conscious pre-conception preparation, prenatal parenting, natural birth, lactation and parenting
DR. SAMPADANANDA MISHRA, CONVENER
Tel: 09952888350 / 09543142122
Email ID: [email protected]
DR. BELOO MEHRA, PROGRAMME COORDINATOR
Tel: 09786457648 / 08838606959
Email ID: [email protected]
ABHILASH RAJAN, PARTICIPANT COORDINATOR
Email ID: [email protected]
Drs. François and Julie Gerland, CO-CONVENERS
Tel/WhatsApp: +33 607 91 66 42
Email: [email protected]